7.18.2008

Desperate Housewife?

I have worked since I was 12. I have babysat, watered plants, taught swim and snowboard lessons, slung drinks, pushed energy bars, running shoes and plastic kitchen gadgets ( I missed a few in there but you get the idea). Pretty fun jobs (as my mom likes to point out) but that is not where I am going with this. The point is that I have never thought of myself to be a “stay at home” type. However, this week was my first experience as a stay at home wife and if this week were an interview, I wouldn’t get the job. I AM 100 weeks pregnant so maybe I get a break but as an example let me just tell you what we had for dinner this week:

Monday: Cereal
Tuesday: Mac & cheese (not homemade)
Wed: Smoothies (too hot to cook)

You get the idea.

Poor Gar. Oh, and on Monday I went to Trader Joe’s at 5:30pm when I had the whole day. Rookie maneuver.

I will try to embrace it and get better since I know it is probably going to be short lived…

Off to unload the dishwasher...

3 comments:

Ipo said...

ahh, your are under the illusion that stay at home means you like to cook every day :-)) a similar illusion my husband is under... the "job description" of stay at home wife/mother is vast and your interests and desires will dictate what bubbles to the top of the list and what falls further down... and i personally think that cereal or a plate of cheese and crackers or some raw vegies with goddess dressing in a cup are a fine dinner offering :-)) enjoy navigating this new role. i have held this "job" since i was 21 and cooking a dinner that comes in multi pans still doesn't rank high on my list for every night...

Inger said...

While I find your posting hilarious (and it actually made me think about all the jobs I had... scooping ice cream, folding towels at a health club, parking cars...), I say you put that crown on and dub yourself a CHEF! Afterall, you're cookin' up something sweet in that belly.

(Besides... who doesn't love a bowl of cereal- now and then, for dinner?)

erinjohn said...

hang in there sarah! you're in the home stretch now :) i've loved keeping up with your lil' pickle's progress (lizzie passed the link on to me) and it's gonna be great! one trick we use in our house when my desire to cook is non-existant is to tell owen that this is "special cereal night" or "drink your dinner night". a fancy-schmancy name keeps any 3 year old eating. that, or ketchup :) all the best!